Chicken & Spanish Cauliflower “Rice” Recipe
Written by Jessica Lal on June 5, 2023
A low-carb cheap dinner idea, this chicken and rice bowl has tons of flavor from seasonings and a little bit of tomato juice. The key is to not over process or overcook the cauliflower to keep it from getting soggy.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Core and cut cauliflower into 1-in. pieces. In batches, pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice (do not overprocess).
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add green pepper, onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato juice and cumin; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, covered, over medium heat until cauliflower is tender, 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
source : TasteOfHome